Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Headed Home

Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Beijing

Got up at 4:30 a.m., after a two hour nap. Got the suitcase to close (using all my body weight to do so). Signed the bill at the front desk, grabbed a taxi, and am on my way to the airport as the sun is just beginning to come up.

This is the prettiest time of day just about anywhere. Quiet. Peaceful. Still.

Same here. Wish we had time to spin past the Forbidden City one last time. I’ll bet it’s amazing right now.

While enjoying the last moments of Beijing, I’m also holding my breath about making my flight. In spite of allowing ample time to get out the door, my exit from the Westin was still about twenty minutes later than planned. Plus the doorman wasn’t sure which terminal I need to go to. Plus the driver wasn’t sure which terminal I need to go to. Plus there seems to be no highway signage that tells you which terminal to go to.

Hopefully, all international flights depart from the same place, because that appears to be the guess both the doorman and driver agreed to try out.

Hmm. Could be interesting.

(Photo credit: Anon.)