Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ankles Away, Update #4

Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Beijing

Does it matter? I’m going home tomorrow. I refuse to look at my ankle tonight, so there.

Instead, I get on Skype (which, thankfully still works, unlike half my email accounts and all access to RetailSpeaks or Blogspot since the morning after I checked in). Call the folks. Get a call from my sister. And from my brother. And it was great.

In fact, this has been just about the greatest birthday of my life. In spite of being half way around the world from them, I knew all day that every single one of my family members was right there by my side, scaling the Wall, gasping at the view from the top of the Summer Palace complex, sipping champagne upstairs.

I am blessed. Over and over and over again, I’m blessed.

I’m also not even remotely tired.

Or packed.

Gulp.