Monday, May 5, 2008

Ankles Away: Update #3

Monday, May 5, 2008
Beijing

Decided not to submerge my ankle in the hot bath water, in case that’s why my skin felt like it could peel off last night.

Nonetheless, it’s deeper red, verging on purplish. And it’s bigger. Lots bigger. As in “no way my Timberlands are going to fit on my feet tomorrow” bigger.

I have two options. Go to the International Hospital where there are English speaking doctors, trust in whatever pharmaceuticals are available in China, and probably be told to stay off my feet the remainder of the trip.

Like that’s gonna happen.

Or go with Door Number Two. Ride this out.

Admittedly, the second option isn’t smart, but my head and heart are in a tug of war between being cautious and fulfilling my dream of seeing the Great Wall tomorrow.

My heart won. Let’s hope my ankle won’t lose.