Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Welcome to the Big Leagues

Monday, April 28, 2008
Hong Kong

Well, here I am, on my first official day as a foreign journalist attending the Hong Kong Gifts and Premiums Show. Gotta tell you, the Convention Center is massive, wrapped in floor to ceiling windows that look out over Hong Kong’s Victory Harbor shoreline, in a building somewhat reminiscent of the Sydney Opera House. You’d have to be numb not to be impressed. It’s beautiful...and growing, since they’re still building out another section.

Started the day with a media briefing and introduction to our digs on site. Immediately, I’ve gravitated toward two fellow journalists—Sarah Reeve (Editor, Gift Focus Magazine, London) and Isaac Beylan Senties (Del Sol De Mexico, Mexico City). Turns out Isaac and I are the only two representing the Americas; if I wasn’t honored before, I sure as heck am now. This is one stellar group of individuals, and I for one am going to keep pinching myself until it sets in I'm one of them.

Might take a while.