Monday, September 29, 2008

Politics aside...

Those of you who know me personally know where I stand politically.

Those of you who know me through this blog or my G&D columns most likely don’t (at least that’s the plan since the last thing I want is to turn this blog into a torch run).

Regardless of what your views are, check out a blog I tripped over this morning, written by Luke Russert, son of my recently departed hero, Tim Russert. His style is fresh, sincere, and full of the enthusiasm we all held in our twenties...and still should long after that. As a correspondent for NBC and XM Radio, he reports on the campaign trail through the eyes of a youthful, engaged, interested American guy who says it like it is. The prose slip comfortably from eloquent historical quotes to straight forward cut-the-cr** realities often shared with friends and neighbors.

This guy can write, but more than that, he gets it. He‘s smart without being a dweeb, he’s clever without being annoying, and he’s got the bullseye insight his father demonstrated with such ease during the golden years of Meet the Press.

Take a peek, then bookmark him. You’ll be glad you did.

And to play off his most impassioned plea: Get out there and vote, folks. You have absolutely no excuse not to.

Photo credit: J. Scott Applewhite for Associated Press